When life is bleak, harsh, and in a death spiral…
From a FB post…When life is bleak, harsh, and trying…
When sorting out the phenomenally difficult times/things of life, the answer NEVER lies in pushing away from the basic graces that God provides.
1. No valuable answers come from stopping regular Bible intake–hearing God’s Word read, preached, taught.
2. No valuable answers come from refraining from proclaiming the Good News to those in need (as someone did for us).
3. No valuable answers come from praying less not more.
4. No valuable answers come from pulling away from worshiping with the local church–to get “family or______________time”.
5. No valuable answers come through the stopping of serving other Christians in the local church, and serving the lost.
6. No valuable answers come by blaming God or others for the mess we have made of life, or by blaming God for the evil that others do to us(even those who said they loved us once).
7. No valuable answers come by running to worldliness while squelching righteous thoughts. In short: there is no hope for the messes, headaches, and heartaches of life except in the graces that God has provided.
So…where are we looking for answers? Where are we teaching our families to look for answers? Get over ourselves and run to Christ!